FusionPro Temp Files

slacoe

Good Morning,

New to forums, so please let me know if I am posting in the right location. We are running VDP Creator 9.1.0.

We are having some strange issues with temp files, they seem to want to go to the root folder of the last known location FP composed to, but some locations we have write-access restricted to the root folders. We were wondering is there a way to specify the default temp location or is that not possible?

For example, we have multiple locations we compose to set up as servers, so take for example if I compose a job to //ABC123/John Doe Company/Output/ the temp files will write to the root of ABC123 then they get deleted.

Right after this we go to another template, compose to location //XYZ123/Jill Smith Company/Output/ the temp files instead of being written to root of XYZ123 will still be written to ABC123, as that was the last composing location.

I am attaching a screen shot of what the temp files look like.

Also, we are having the same issue as the below thread link when we compose 1 record to 1 pdf, it pretty much describes what were seeing every 500 record we get the Error 1112.

http://forums.pti.com/showthread.php?t=1649

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

screenshot.png.f776e128fc4fcf41c3df37b4cdfd70c1.png

New to forums, so please let me know if I am posting in the right location. We are running VDP Creator 9.1.0.

Thanks for the information. What version of Windows?

Several rounds of changes have been made in both versions 9.3 and 10 of FusionPro VDP regarding where temp files are written and what their names are, for both Creator and Server jobs. So you might want to consider upgrading at least to 9.3.

We are having some strange issues with temp files, they seem to want to go to the root folder of the last known location FP composed to, but some locations we have write-access restricted to the root folders. We were wondering is there a way to specify the default temp location or is that not possible?

It's not possible to specify a temp folder on a per-job basis with FusionPro VDP Creator, no. With Server, you can use CFG settings to control the temp folder. However, by default, FusionPro uses the temp folder as defined by the Windows TEMP environment variable. You can type "set temp" and Enter in a Command Prompt to see the value of this variable for the current user on the current machine, and you can modify environment variables with the System pane in the Control Panel.

For example, we have multiple locations we compose to set up as servers, so take for example if I compose a job to //ABC123/John Doe Company/Output/ the temp files will write to the root of ABC123 then they get deleted.

When you say "the root of ABC123", do you mean that the files are in the root "C:\" folder? What is the TEMP variable set to on the server? And what is it set to on the Creator machine from which you're submitting the job?

Right after this we go to another template, compose to location //XYZ123/Jill Smith Company/Output/ the temp files instead of being written to root of XYZ123 will still be written to ABC123, as that was the last composing location.

I am attaching a screen shot of what the temp files look like.

I don't recognize any of those file names. What output format are you composing to?

Also, we are having the same issue as the below thread link when we compose 1 record to 1 pdf, it pretty much describes what were seeing every 500 record we get the Error 1112.

http://forums.pti.com/showthread.php?t=1649

Please make a separate thread for each issue, or reply to that other thread. Although my answer will probably be the same as in the last post in that other thread, which is that you need to send the job files which we can use to reproduce the problem to FusionPro Support.