FP Imposer and a Cutter

TroyM68

I have a customer that is currently using a Fiery Hot Folder to add a "Control Bar" to the top center edge of the sheet of paper. The cutter has a camera that reads the control bar which lets it know exactly where to start cutting...

My question is... Is there any way to add this control bar to a file before, during or after imposition using FP Imposer??? Fiery uses an eps file to overlay onto the imposed file prior to printing.

Let me know if anyone has dealt with this...

Thanks

Troy

I like that Template. Can you tell me how I would create my template and get it into FP Imposer?

To create a Template page, from the menu in Acrobat, select FusionPro -> Manage Pages -> Insert Page, select Template as the page type, and enter a page name and the size. To use it as an imposition sheet background, as in the example, in the OnJobStart rule, set FusionPro.Composition.impositionSheetBackgroundFrontPage to the page name.

Hey Dan,

Thanks for the response. I played with this over the weekend and wasn't able to get it do do much of anything. When I try to add a picture to the background template, the whole thing is transparent. It doesn't seem like what I am trying to do is hard... It's just my inexperience with it all. I've gone thru the darn manual and really can't find anything to help me... All I am trying to do is place a 1 inch x 1/4 inch black bar centered at the top of a 12x18 sheet of paper with a 1/2 inch margin... Am I just brain dead?

Hey Dan,

Thanks for the response. I played with this over the weekend and wasn't able to get it do do much of anything. When I try to add a picture to the background template, the whole thing is transparent. It doesn't seem like what I am trying to do is hard... It's just my inexperience with it all. I've gone thru the darn manual and really can't find anything to help me... All I am trying to do is place a 1 inch x 1/4 inch black bar centered at the top of a 12x18 sheet of paper with a 1/2 inch margin... Am I just brain dead?

It might be something simple that's not set up right. But it's hard to tell without seeing the job files.

I was however able to get the registration bar to show up in the background template prior to composing the files.... Was able to do this two ways. 1 by creating a graphics frame and a rule to insert the bar. I also removed that graphics frame and insert the bar b y placing the image in acrobat. BUT... either way I do it... when I compose the file, the registration bar does not show up on the composed pdf.

Troy