Data-driven paper selection?

Stevef8

Is it possible in FusionPro Desktop to specify paper-source selection based on a field in the data file?

We have a regularly-repeating project where we are generating two different types subscription-renewal notices from one data list. One notice is printed on plain paper, the second notice requires blank paper with a perforation to allow part of the notice to be detached and returned. There is a field within the data file which contains the information about which type of notice is to be printed.

Using FusionPro Desktop, can I build (ideally) a PPML file for printing which will pull the plain paper from tray 3 of our printer, and the perfed paper from tray 4, based on the contents of this data field?

TIA,

Steve

Thanks for the link. I'm not certain that thread fits what I'd be doing.

If it weren't for the different paper stock, I'd just build a switch rule in FPro to supply the different invoice layouts based on the data-field value. What I'd ideally like to be able to do (based on my at-present very limited knowledge of building FPro templates) is control the paper-tray source in the same rule.

Steve Frye

If it weren't for the different paper stock, I'd just build a switch rule in FPro to supply the different invoice layouts based on the data-field value. What I'd ideally like to be able to do (based on my at-present very limited knowledge of building FPro templates) is control the paper-tray source in the same rule.

You need to create multiple Unused Body pages, each with a different page media assigned (via PPD, JDF, etc. as enumerated in my previous post), and the same variable frames. Then you can use FusionPro.Composition.SetBodyPageUsage() in your OnRecordStart rule to activate the page with the desired media.

You need to create multiple Unused Body pages, each with a different page media assigned (via PPD, JDF, etc. as enumerated in my previous post), and the same variable frames. Then you can use FusionPro.Composition.SetBodyPageUsage() in your OnRecordStart rule to activate the page with the desired media.

As a rank newbie with FusionPro, are there specific instructions/tutorials available which would guide one through setting up Unused Body pages? I need to understand the concept behind the term before I start playing with this.

As a rank newbie with FusionPro, are there specific instructions/tutorials available which would guide one through setting up Unused Body pages? I need to understand the concept behind the term before I start playing with this.

Search either this forum or the FusionPro Rules Guide for "SetBodyPageUsage".

• 5 years later...

HI, i use switch tray and is it possible that we compose a jdf by 20 record all work good while we compose a jdf by 200 record, my print (Ricoh pro 8100se ) the paper was switched randomly?

JDF doesn't work with more record? or the problem is JMF??

PS in FP 9.36 postscript don't read Too many repeated text boxes on a page.

Why?

HI, i use switch tray and is it possible that we compose a jdf by 20 record all work good while we compose a jdf by 200 record, my print (Ricoh pro 8100se ) the paper was switched randomly?

JDF doesn't work with more record? or the problem is JMF??

PS in FP 9.36 postscript don't read Too many repeated text boxes on a page.

Why?

I'm having trouble figuring out what you're asking. I recommend contacting Support.