LyndaEngelage

I'm new to Fusion Pro. I am needing some information on creating a Background sheet and how to implement it in my imposition file. Is there a step-by-step explanation on how to set one up. I know you have to create a template page and use the OnJobStart callback rule, but am needing more a more in-depth explanation.

I'm new to Fusion Pro. I am needing some information on creating a Background sheet and how to implement it in my imposition file. Is there a step-by-step explanation on how to set one up. I know you have to create a template page and use the OnJobStart callback rule, but am needing more a more in-depth explanation.

You might find this post helpful.

Is there a tutorial that goes with RealEstateMailerimpoBackground Folder or an explanation of how to set it up?

You mean other than what I wrote in the post that David linked to?

Attached is a sample which demonstrates the new imposition sheet background feature in FusionPro 8.2. Unzip the files to the "Working Files" subfolder of the "Real Estate Mailer" tutorial and compose.

I missed that part of the post (sorry). I'm trying to follow the example, but some steps aren't just explained. For instance, how do you get the "name" of the template on the Acrobat page for the Callback rule to refer to. When I insert my "background sheet" the third page just says "body 3". I tried changing it using "Page Labels" in Acrobat but it doesn't keep when you save and close the document. I apologize for being such a novice.

I missed that part of the post (sorry). I'm trying to follow the example, but some steps aren't just explained.

Sorry, I was trying to keep that post short and let the files explain things. There is a short "Imposition Background Sheet" section in the Rules Guide, but it doesn't really cover all of this.

For instance, how do you get the "name" of the template on the Acrobat page for the Callback rule to refer to. When I insert my "background sheet" the third page just says "body 3". I tried changing it using "Page Labels" in Acrobat but it doesn't keep when you save and close the document. I apologize for being such a novice.

From the menu in Acrobat, select FusionPro -> Manage Pages -> Insert Page. Then select Template as the page type. This will give you a Template page instead of a Body page. (Editing the page labels doesn't change the page type that FusionPro recognizes.)

It admit that the terminology can be confusing here, especially since we tend to refer to the PDF file you're designing for VDP in Acrobat as the template document, while a Template Page is just one kind of page in a template document. A Template Page is normally used for a repeatable component, as described in the User Guide in the section titled "Reusing a Design Element in a Layout (templates and repeatable components)." When we added the ability to define a custom imposition background sheet, we decided to sort of re-purpose the existing Template pages for this purpose instead of adding yet another page type.

Thank You! That helped tremendously. One more question (I think).

I need a "sheet" counter for both sides of the press sheet, for instance 1 on both side of sheet one, 2 on both side of sheet 2, etc.

I used «$outputrecordnumberbysheet» but it actually counts the record that starts on that sheet. The rest of the choices didn't seem what I needed. Would I just do «$sheetcount»?

I need a "sheet" counter for both sides of the press sheet, for instance 1 on both side of sheet one, 2 on both side of sheet 2, etc.

I used «$outputrecordnumberbysheet» but it actually counts the record that starts on that sheet. The rest of the choices didn't seem what I needed. Would I just do «$sheetcount»?

I think you want «$impositionsheetnumber».

The full list of text variables you can use in text frames, and the corresponding JavaScript properties you can use in rules, is here:

http://forums.pti.com/showpost.php?p=13793&postcount=3