Issues with Acrobat DC Update 21.007.20091

hsprinkle

Hi all,

We got an email from Enfocus last week about an automatic update that had broken some features in Pitstop Pro on Mac. (Screenshot attached, knowledge base article is here)

It broke guides in DC for me as well (I'd drag one out and nothing would display) and FusionPro VDP Creator 12 was also acting super buggy.

I downgraded to the previous version of DC (2021.005.20058 for me) through Time Machine and everything seems to be working as expected. I also turned off automatic updates (which, to be honest, I didn't even realize was turned on).

I just wanted to mention it in case anyone else was having issues!

Edit: I can't get the screenshot to attach, so here's the text of the email:

Subject: Warning! PitStop Pro Mac users shouldn't update to latest Adobe version!

PitStop Pro Mac users shouldn't update to latest Adobe version

Dear Shane,

This week, Adobe released a new update for Adobe Acrobat.

Acrobat 21.007.20091 for subscribers of the Document Cloud (Continuous Track)

Acrobat 20.004.30015 for users with a perpetual license of Acrobat 2020 (Classic Track)

Unfortunately, the Mac version of this update introduced a problem for PitStop Pro: when you select an object(s) in PitStop Pro, the selected objects and anchor points are not displayed. There is no workaround for this issue, so we would like to advise PitStop users on a Mac not to update Acrobat at this time. Windows users are not affected.

We have reported the issue to Adobe, and are in discussion with their engineers on how to resolve the issue. Please be assured that we will resolve this issue as soon as possible. When there is a fix, we will let you know via email.

There is a knowledgebase article available on the topic.

In general, we recommend turning off automatic updates for Acrobat, to prevent inconvenient consequences in PitStop in the future.

Regards

Andrew Bailes-Collins

Senior Product Manager

Edited by hsprinkle
Add context since screenshot will not attach

FusionPro VDP Creator 12 was also acting super buggy.

Can you be more specific? Exactly how is it acting buggy?

Also, is this "buggy" behavior with PitStop Pro also installed alongside FusionPro? We've tested with Acrobat DC Pro 2021.007.20091 and FP 12 (without any other third-party plug-ins) and haven't seen any issues.

Can you be more specific? Exactly how is it acting buggy?

Also, is this "buggy" behavior with PitStop Pro also installed alongside FusionPro? We've tested with Acrobat DC Pro 2021.007.20091 and FP 12 (without any other third-party plug-ins) and haven't seen any issues.

Hi Dan! I'll try my best to explain, sorry in advance for what is probably going to be not-very-helpful information.

So any time I'd move a text box or image box on my template, the box itself would show the image of whatever graphic I had in background inside the box while I was moving it, and the image was... glitchy? Like, it was repeated over and over in the box, kind of like what you'd see when you'd move a window around on a frozen Windows system and it would leave ghost images of the window behind. Like I said, probably not very helpful, lol

Pitstop Pro was installed alongside FusionPro during the behavior. I was not experiencing this behavior before the update with Pitstop Pro installed alongside it, and I do not experience it now that I've rolled back to the previous version with it installed alongside it.

I figured the Pitstop/bad DC update combo was to blame. I know it's a common tool in the industry, so I figured I couldn't be the only one this was happening to... but maybe I was? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯