Intelligent Mail Barcode Rule: not the correct length of 20 characters

My USPS sorting software (Satori) returns a Numeric IM Barcode which contains 31 characters:

I have tried setting rules using Intelligent Mail Barcode Rule, but with no success. I get the following message when composing:

"Intelligent Mail Barcode Rule, line 11: warning: The tracking number is not the correct length of 20 characters in record number 1"

I have tried setting up a text box with just my Barcode field and assigning the barcode font supplied by Satori, but that just produces a blank line. So I am assuming the only way to get the IM Barcode to appear is by using the Intelligent Barcode Rule. But I can't figure out how to set with the 31 characters supplied by the sorting software.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

Found a different solution. Just going to use data from the "IM Barcode" field which contains all text:

"DFAADFFTDATFFFFDTTATFFTAAFTDFFDTAFFDFFADDTAFATTTTTAFDAAATAFFDFFTD"

Entering that as a standard merge field in a text box, and applying the appropriate barcode font.

Peter

• 1 month later...

Peter, it sounds like you found a solution using the encoded IMb out of Satori.

However if you did want to use FP's encoder you would need to supply it two numbers, the Tracking number and the Routing number. Satori combines these numbers into one long number, to use in FP you would need to parse out the info below.

Tracking Number(digits) = Barcode ID(2) + Service Type ID(2) + Mailer ID(6 or 9) + Serial Number (9 or 6)

Routing number is 0, 5, 9, or 11 digits and is comprised of ZIP+4+DP (delivery point)

Hello,

I do not have a reply to this post, just another question concerning the routing number. I am getting a routing number error, the routing number consists of 12 digits. From what I am seeing, there is the Zip, Zip+4, DP and a check digit. What do I need to do to create a usable IMB barcode? I am currently running OS 10.12.6, using arobat 11.0.15 and FusionPro 9.3.15.

The rule I am using is:

var trackingStr = "00" + Field("SRVTYPEID") + Field("MAILERID") + Field("IMBSEQ");

return EncodeOneCodeBarcode(trackingStr, Field("Z4, ZIP+4/D"), 14);

The SRVTYPEID is 271, Mailer ID is 006002, IMBSEQ is 616463872 and the routing number is 12672512581

Thanks in advance,

Rob

I use the alpha characters with USPS IMB font size 14 for compact.

I think if you are to use the FP IMB builder, as long as you have one of those fields filled with the 20, 25, 29, or 31 length barcode it should encode it correctly....

Normally I use the alpha, which is supplied by my internal Mailing department. In this instance, I am being supplied a list by an outside vendor. The routing number is 12 digits instead of 11 causing the overall field count to be 32, which results in an error, the routing string bad length

Normally I use the alpha, which is supplied by my internal Mailing department. In this instance, I am being supplied a list by an outside vendor. The routing number is 12 digits instead of 11 causing the overall field count to be 32, which results in an error, the routing string bad length

I see. Just have the presort software leave off the check digit. Or in FP create a rule to take the left 11, but then you'll have to do it to 5, 9 length too so back to leaving off the check digit is your best bet. I haven't had to use the check since the post net days.

I have added the length rule to my initial rule and everything seems to work. I have reached out to the mailhouse that created the routing number and asked them to remove the check digit. The total mail count is 500k and would like the responsibility of the data to be on the mailhouse.