hide fields based on dropdown Chrome autofill issue

alisha

I have a versioned product in Marcom with a dropdown field that, based on the user's selection, determines what fields are shown. I have achieved this by uploading my FusionPro template into Marcom and then using a UI Rule in the template set up area.

However, when I use Chrome's autofill form function, it populates the hidden fields and outputs them on the proof anyway.

Is there a rule I could use in my FusionPro template that will suppress the fields I'm trying to hide so that the data won't output even if Chrome autofill places data in those fields? I'm new when it comes to javascript, so any help is appreciated!

Thank you for your quick reply. Let me put the Marcom portion aside and ask this question in a different way.

Can I create a rule in FusionPro that if a field displays a particular value, it would then hide or suppress other fields' values?

Thank you for your quick reply. Let me put the Marcom portion aside and ask this question in a different way.

Can I create a rule in FusionPro that if a field displays a particular value, it would then hide or suppress other fields' values?

Yes, if by "hide or suppress other fields' values" you mean "substitute those other fields' values with empty (string) values." Although there are a couple of different things you have to do to (a) make regular call outs of those variables in a text frame treat their values as empty, and (b) make calls to the Field function in rules treat those values as empty. With a bit more insight as to what specifically you're trying to accomplish, I could probably provide more specific advice.

That said, I still think this is better handled on the web page end of things. Users may be confused if the output is different depending on whether their form field values were auto-filled versus explicitly typed in.