FP Imposer

Sdawson

I have a 2 page 8.5 x 11 PDF and when I compose with a simple 2up imposition I get a 11 x 17 with Record 1 on the left and Record 2 on the right. Is there a way to get Record 1 Page 1 on the left and Record 1 Page 2 on the right? All on the same side? FP Imposer it seems to be record driven and each page creates a new page. Is there a way to make it page driven and when it runs out of pages it goes to the next record?

Is FP Imposer the answer or is there something I can create in FusionPro using Javascript?

Edited by Sdawson

That is my current process. I am wondering if there is another way to do it using FP Imposer. I would like to take the 2 page PDF I receive from the client, then connect to the data, import my variable fields, and grab my imposition file then compose. Instead of receiving a file from the client and making it into a 17x11. I currently make page 1 and page 2 a resource and just add them to my 17x11 template.

Thank you for your help dreimer.

Since your document is 2 pages it wants to impose these as a collated set. You can get around this by repeating each record twice (once for each page) and turning off the 2nd page the first time and the 1st page the second time. To do this you'll just need to add this to an OnRecordStart callback rule:

FusionPro.Composition.repeatRecordCount = 2;
FusionPro.Composition.SetBodyPageUsage(1, FusionPro.Composition.repeatRecordNumber == 1);
FusionPro.Composition.SetBodyPageUsage(2, FusionPro.Composition.repeatRecordNumber == 2);

Step, I tried your rule for my scenario since no one else has responded to what I was trying. So my code looks like this to get my 26 page PDF imposed using my imposition file.

FusionPro.Composition.repeatRecordCount = 26;
FusionPro.Composition.SetBodyPageUsage(1, FusionPro.Composition.repeatRecordNumber == 1);
FusionPro.Composition.SetBodyPageUsage(2, FusionPro.Composition.repeatRecordNumber == 2);
FusionPro.Composition.SetBodyPageUsage(3, FusionPro.Composition.repeatRecordNumber == 3);
FusionPro.Composition.SetBodyPageUsage(4, FusionPro.Composition.repeatRecordNumber == 4);
FusionPro.Composition.SetBodyPageUsage(5, FusionPro.Composition.repeatRecordNumber == 5);
FusionPro.Composition.SetBodyPageUsage(6, FusionPro.Composition.repeatRecordNumber == 6);
FusionPro.Composition.SetBodyPageUsage(7, FusionPro.Composition.repeatRecordNumber == 7);
FusionPro.Composition.SetBodyPageUsage(8, FusionPro.Composition.repeatRecordNumber == 8);
FusionPro.Composition.SetBodyPageUsage(9, FusionPro.Composition.repeatRecordNumber == 9);
FusionPro.Composition.SetBodyPageUsage(10, FusionPro.Composition.repeatRecordNumber == 10);
FusionPro.Composition.SetBodyPageUsage(11, FusionPro.Composition.repeatRecordNumber == 11);
FusionPro.Composition.SetBodyPageUsage(12, FusionPro.Composition.repeatRecordNumber == 12);
FusionPro.Composition.SetBodyPageUsage(13, FusionPro.Composition.repeatRecordNumber == 13);
FusionPro.Composition.SetBodyPageUsage(14, FusionPro.Composition.repeatRecordNumber == 14);
FusionPro.Composition.SetBodyPageUsage(15, FusionPro.Composition.repeatRecordNumber == 15);
FusionPro.Composition.SetBodyPageUsage(16, FusionPro.Composition.repeatRecordNumber == 16);
FusionPro.Composition.SetBodyPageUsage(17, FusionPro.Composition.repeatRecordNumber == 17);
FusionPro.Composition.SetBodyPageUsage(18, FusionPro.Composition.repeatRecordNumber == 18);
FusionPro.Composition.SetBodyPageUsage(19, FusionPro.Composition.repeatRecordNumber == 19);
FusionPro.Composition.SetBodyPageUsage(20, FusionPro.Composition.repeatRecordNumber == 20);
FusionPro.Composition.SetBodyPageUsage(21, FusionPro.Composition.repeatRecordNumber == 21);
FusionPro.Composition.SetBodyPageUsage(22, FusionPro.Composition.repeatRecordNumber == 22);
FusionPro.Composition.SetBodyPageUsage(23, FusionPro.Composition.repeatRecordNumber == 23);
FusionPro.Composition.SetBodyPageUsage(24, FusionPro.Composition.repeatRecordNumber == 24);
FusionPro.Composition.SetBodyPageUsage(25, FusionPro.Composition.repeatRecordNumber == 25);
FusionPro.Composition.SetBodyPageUsage(26, FusionPro.Composition.repeatRecordNumber == 26);

Anyone know if there is a way to write a loop for each page in the PDF template instead of having to add a line in the rule for each page? TIA

Thanks step,

That works good to make a simpler rule but then I would have to go through and change all the pages to unused. Was hoping for something easier. May use this kind of thing for hundreds of pages. May have to look into another program to accomplish this.

Would a JavaScript For Loop work?

This has not been tested. Not sure if it works or is allowed here.

var p = 26//Set your page count

FusionPro.Composition.repeatRecordCount = p;

var i;
for (i = 0; i < p+1; i++) {
   FusionPro.Composition.SetBodyPageUsage(i, FusionPro.Composition.repeatRecordNumber == i);
}

Edited by David Miller

^^No sale. It creates a full imposed sheet for each page in the template.

I get this error:

OnRecordStart, line 7: Error: In SetBodyPageUsage(), invalid page number 0

Composing record #1, input record 1, repeat 1 of 26

Sheet #1, record #1

Should have tested before posting. My mistake. The loop started at 0. Should have started it at 1.

Via the OnRecordStart Callback Rule:

var p = 26//Set your page count

FusionPro.Composition.repeatRecordCount = p;

var i;
for (i = [color="Red"]1[/color]; i < p+1; i++) {
   FusionPro.Composition.SetBodyPageUsage(i, FusionPro.Composition.repeatRecordNumber == i);
}

The page number should never be set to 0 (zero). Edit is in red. Give it a try.

Tested with the template files from the original post. Unless I missed something, the original FPI file should be set to Simplex instead of Duplex Perfected. It is important to make this change.

Edited by David Miller
Typo