Creating Charts

dreimer

So I have never created a chart in Fusion Pro. I was wondering if there is a better template to use than the chart in the tutorial supplied by Printable? That one shows just one record and to either return the chart or not and I need to create a variable chart for each person in my data file and am having trouble figuring out how to create the rules to accomplish this. Any help would be great, and I am a huge novice in java script.

Running FP 5.1p1d with Acrobat 8 on Windows XP.

• 8 years later...
I'm looking at the example file for the charts... I can't figure out where the chart scale numbering is coming from or how the chart imagery is being generated.... the scale values are not within the data file, and there doesn't seem to be any image resources in the collected files. How is this being done?

I'm looking at the example file for the charts...

Sorry, you're looking at what file exactly? There's a chart tutorial installed with FusionPro, but it's just that: a tutorial. There's an entire chapter in the User Guide that walks you through how to set it up.

I can't figure out where the chart scale numbering is coming from or how the chart imagery is being generated.... the scale values are not within the data file, and there doesn't seem to be any image resources in the collected files. How is this being done?

All the data for a chart comes from the markup, in <row> and <cell> tags, similar to a table. The scale values are not usually the exact values in the data; they're meant to reflect the range of values. The chart "images" are generated based on the Chart Properties and the data supplied.