Creating an 8 page form in FP imposer

I have a variable 16 pg saddle stitch book at 5.5"x8.5" size that I want to print as two 8 page forms on 13x19. Is there some sort of trick to accomplish this. It seems it will only give a 4 pg in the saddle stitch option. I tried support but they were not able to help me figure it out.

I am unaware of a direct way to do this, but I have a roundabout way of accomplishing it. I work on a Mac and often use Imposition Studio from Devalipi Software, it can be purchased through Apple's App store. There, I can create an 8 pg signature exactly as needed. Then, I render the variable file twice, once for template pages 1-4 & 13-16, then for template pages 5-12. I can then flow these two pdfs separately into my 8 pg Imposition Studio template to generate the two separate imposed print runs. We then fold and stitch in our bindery. Not the best solution, but it works.

I probably should have been a little more specific, I need to figure out how to impose the file in fushion because I want to out a PPML file. I have to deal with 20 to 25 thousand records on the large run of this project which is a 16pg + cvr 5.5x 8.5 brochure. Saving out that many PDFs is not really a feasible option to then impose at the Press.

Thanks for your input though.

Couldn't you just manually Impose the 16 page file in Indesign or any other software as a saddle stitched book, on a 13x 19 sheet with crop marks. Then export that as a PDF which you will use to build your variables in FusionPro. Then compose the job as a PPML.

I'm sure there are better ways, but this should work for you.