Filling the text frame.

James

I missed the image font part, I guess that should have been obvious by the forum category. I don't know of anyway to change it to fill the box other than adding some points and tweaking the size a little. It seems to try to make things proportional based on the irregular shape of the box unless you tweak it quite a bit.

It's not filling it automatically for me. Here are a couple of screen shots. Hopefully this will help you understand what I'm trying to accomplish. I want the name (no matter what size) to fill the text box.

Screen-shot-1.thumb.jpg.f627cab4ed3b82b07847d179b9a08fde.jpg

Screen-shot-2.thumb.jpg.7c0ed10d7b273ebb0cb50c57175f6552.jpg

Thanks for your speedy help!

It won't get any bigger because it has to fit vertically as well as horizontally. If you simply make the frame taller, then the text "JONES" should get larger.

You could adjust the horizontal stretch factor. But FP Expression doesn't automatically stretch the text characters to fill more space in one direction. If you want that effect, you'll need to use the FusionPro VDP engine.

Also, the "Uppercase characters" mode sometimes makes the text seem to take up less of the personalization frame because there are no descenders.

In addition, you may need to modify the minimum and maximum point size under the Font Setup palette. It's hard to tell just from the screenshot. You can send the template to FusionProSupport@PTI.com if you want.

• 1 year later...

Visiting an old thread because I too am having the same problem. I am making a "tiles" expression, and a short name like ED or BOB is not expanding to fill the space.

I just updated to 3.2, but that doesn't seem to have fixed the problem. I have tried various fonts, no improvement. I have tried various settings on the min/max point sizes, no change. I'm wasting tons of space in my Expression, and I can't figure out what to do differently. Attached is a screenshot. The Expression is just a simple proof of concept for right now, a 64x16 field.

ExpressionQuestion.PNG.f6195d2bdaa0f54a1be29d17332d5273.PNG