Padding with a cover page and back cover page

dbentley

Hi. I'm hoping I can get some quick help on a job I'm currently working on.

I have a 6 page PDF file. Pages 1 and 2 are the front and back of a cover page, pages 3 and 4 are the F & B of the padded pages (need 100 cards per pack), pages 5 and 6 are to be the F & B of the back cover sheet.

These are linked to a data file with codes to be turned into QR Codes to be used on the Cover Sheet, padded 100 next cards and then the BC sheet. Each card composed uses the next record number for the code from the data file. So 102 cards per set - and every card, whether it's the front cover sheet card, one of the padded internal cards, or the back cover card has the next record code printing on it.

Before needing to add the back cover sheet, I was able to get the following rule to work in On Record Start.

if (cover = FusionPro.Composition.inputRecordNumber % 100 == 1)

FusionPro.Composition.CurrentRecordNumber = 2;

var page = (cover && FusionPro.Composition.repeatRecordNumber == 1) ? 'cover' : 'pad' ;

FusionPro.Composition.SetBodyPageUsage(page,true);

FusionPro.Composition.SetBodyPageUsage(page + '_back', true);

How do I add the back cover sheet in to the rule, so that it prints the cover sheet, 100 padded internal cards, then back cover sheet, then starts all over again?

Thanks tons in advance!

Danielle

FusionProVDP Creator 9.3.26, Mac OS High Sierra 10.13.6, Acrobat X (10)

btw... I can't seem to see where I can change my info on my signature. I added it above in case it's needed.

Before needing to add the back cover sheet, I was able to get the following rule to work in On Record Start.

if (cover = FusionPro.Composition.inputRecordNumber % 100 == 1)

FusionPro.Composition.CurrentRecordNumber = 2;

Yeah, setting FusionPro.Composition.CurrentRecordNumber doesn't do anything. You can't change the current record in OnRecordStart. You can skip it, or repeat it, but you can't go to another input record. The only way to go to another record is to just wait until you get there, when FusionPro.Composition.CurrentRecordNumber(), or, more accurately, FusionPro.Composition.inputRecordNumber, returns the number you're looking for.

var page = (cover && FusionPro.Composition.repeatRecordNumber == 1) ? 'cover' : 'pad' ;

FusionPro.Composition.SetBodyPageUsage(page,true);

FusionPro.Composition.SetBodyPageUsage(page + '_back', true);

That part seems okay. Presumably you have both pages turned off (set to Unused) by default in the Page Usage dialog. Also, presumably you're setting FusionPro.Composition.repeatRecordCount somewhere that you're not showing, otherwise you're not repeating anything, and FusionPro.Composition.repeatRecordNumber is always going to be 1, and you would only ever get cover pages.

How do I add the back cover sheet in to the rule, so that it prints the cover sheet, 100 padded internal cards, then back cover sheet, then starts all over again?

I think the simplest way to do this is to set all the pages back to Used (not Unused) in the Page Usage dialog, then do this in OnRecordStart:

FusionPro.Composition.repeatRecordCount = 100;
FusionPro.Composition.SetBodyPageUsage("cover", FusionPro.Composition.repeatRecordNumber == 1);
FusionPro.Composition.SetBodyPageUsage("cover_back", FusionPro.Composition.repeatRecordNumber == 100);

(My usual caveat here, that this is partly guessing since I don't have your template files to actually try the code with.)

btw... I can't seem to see where I can change my info on my signature. I added it above in case it's needed.

Click on your name at the top of any of your posts and then View/Edit Profile.